Thursday, March 31, 2011

Infestation is awesome.


This movie is a couple years old but I just got around to watching it. I don't really ever see anyone talk about it so I wanted to just slip in and say a couple things. I don't really feel like doing a full on review because its kind of hard with a movie like this. Everything about it is so simple and mindless that...that's all it is. But it's so good at it that you love it.

Basically this guy starts out his day at the office and within 5 minutes he is inexplicably knocked out. And when he awakes the world has been taken over by giant bugs. Where they come from and why they're there is a complete mystery and is never revealed. But it doesn't fucking matter. It's a movie about giant awesome bugs. Lots of fun. Lots of ooey gooey goodness. And jokes.


The trailer does this movie quite a bit of justice. The pacing isn't quite as fast as it makes it out to be but there is never a dull moment. Rent it from Netflix or just buy it. It's awesome. And I'm a fan of Chris Marquette. I've loved everything I've seen him in. I love his comedy and he definitely brings his A game to the screen once again. Don't try to figure it out, just enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. That trailer practically gives away the whole movie! FTW?!

    I second it, Infestation is a killer awesome comedy horror movie. Plus, Ray Wise is a super pimp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the trailer pretty much sums up all the best parts.

    ReplyDelete