Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chromeskull: Laid to Rest 2 - Quite possibly the greatest movie title of 2011.


So I had a choice today. Report on Vampire Summer Camp or Laid to Rest 2. Just thank your eyes and fragile brain that I made the right choice. It's very possible that VSC will implode the universe. It's an almost certain theory.

So Laid to Rest came out...last year I think and now there's talk of a sequel. These "talks" seem like a sure thing and I don't see why it wouldn't be. I'll be honest and say that I don't entirely remember the first one, I think I was kind of in and out during the whole thing, BUT what I do remember is pretty awesome. Lots of cool kills, stars John and Sarah Connor from TSCC (Terminator TV show), and it had a pretty sweet villain.

Which is what Laid to Rest 2 will focus on. The killer. Chromeskull. Motherfuckin Chromeskull. He's a dude that hacks and slashes his victims with a video camera attached to his shoulder recording it all. So its kind of like if Predator had a chrome mask and his shoulder mounted laser weapon was a Sony Handycam. Also he was human and murdered people for fun and not sport. And there was no Arnold Schwarzenegger.



I liked Chromeskull. I thought his "look" was spectacular and quite scary. I think under the mask he was pretty grotesque, like Jason. But I loved the shoulder camera and his overall outfit. He was kind of like a preppy killer. Always perfect and clean. No tattered rags or anything.

Set to star in this movie are Thomas Dekker (returning from the original and star of TSCC), Brian Austin Green (wow, could they really pick up any more TSCC actors...they should get Summer Glau while they're at it), Michael Biehn (OH SHIT! I'm seeing this movie. Aliens! YES!), Jennifer Blanc (I have no idea who this is but I'm sure we'll see her naked), and Halloween Horror veteran Danielle Harris.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this movie is going to kick ass. It has a fantastic killer, a great story (the first didn't say much about the killer if I remember right), a shitload of nasty gore, and an amazing cast (Michael Biehn Bitches!). I'm looking forward to this, should be one hell of a ride.

Bloody-Disgusting is reporting that filming on this movie to begin November 1st. They are shooting for a Halloween 2011 release.

No comments:

Post a Comment