Monday, August 30, 2010

BIG CASTING NEWS for The Asylum's upcoming feature: Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus

If you aren't familiar with The Asylum, that's no big surprise. They make terrible movies. Just god awful horrible movies. But I will give them credit, they've stepped it up in the last couple years and some of their releases are at least watchable. The Asylum is part low budget, part SyFy original movie, part Mockbusters. They churn out a ton of good for nothing movies, they make a lot of movies for the SyFy channel, and they put out tons of movies that look like popular movies that are in theatres at that time. So if you were to go see Transformers in the theatre, you'd catch Transmorphers at the rental store. That kind of shit.

I used to hate it but its happening so much that I kind of like it now. Man, it used to just burn me everytime I saw they were trying to score some money off a popular release. Alien vs Hunter...really Asylum, really? But after awhile it wears at you and you kind of can't wait to see what shitty clone they churn out next.

Wow I'm way off Topic...Back to your regularly scheduled program...


I would like to put a shout out to Microsoft paint for helping me create this poster,
because there is no official poster released to date. It will be epic though.
And I would also like to thank my friend Alcohol Paul for his inspiration on the tagline.

I just learned today of two actors that are going to be in the upcoming Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus. You read that right. MEGA...SHARK...VERSUS...CROC...OSAURUS. And it's a fucking sequel! The original was Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. And the title alone spoils the ending for you. (Mega Shark pwned the piss out of Giant Octopus)

Robert Picardo, who played The Doctor on Star Trek Voyager, will star alongside Jaleel White or you may know him better as...wait for it...URKEL! From Family Matters. Oh my, this is one feature that I will not be missing.

To get off topic again, there's a website out there that make T-shirts that explain how SyFy comes up with their ideas for their Original Movies. You should check it out.

1 comment: