Tuesday, August 24, 2010

BAD MOVIE REVIEW: The Kindred (1987)

These are the movies that I live for. I've always had a soft spot for cool monster movies and The Kindred is exactly that. The formula of the film is similar to that of a slasher movie with the basic set up and a few random (really cool) deaths and the final showdown. Well I guess that formula is used a lot...but its used here quite excellently.

I liked all the characters. The acting is by no means oscar quality, but the characters were pretty fun loving and carefree. I guess I didn't get attached to really anyone and had any of them died at any point it wouldn't have detoured from the overall ending result of the film. I don't know if that's good or bad...but I enjoyed it.

The Kindred is purely entertainment. I have a bad taste in movies...meaning I love bad movies. I highly doubt any critic would even wanna look at this film, but I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm very happy I spent the dollar for it at the pawn shop. I have never heard of it before then...but I was familiar with it distributor VESTRON video and I've enjoyed many of their titles so I figured what the hell.

The special effects are AWESOME. There all kinds of sweet sweet gore all throughout this baby. Anthony (the "creature" hybrid in this film) is one bad ass mofo. He enjoys shoving his tentacles into people's faces, tearing people apart, eating small dogs, and on occassion has been known to turn people into amphibious lifeforms. FUCK YEAH!!

The Kindred does get confusing, but what low budget 80's horror classic isn't. That's why they're so much fun...plenty of mindless sweet ass kills all wrapped around a pretty basic plot all told to an already proven formula. How could you go wrong? If you get a chance to see this bitch...I give it 3 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment