Monday, August 9, 2010

BAD MOVIE REVIEW: Death Machine (1995)

Ok I will be completely honest here and say that the only reason I bought this movie was because Brad Dourif was in it.  I think anything that guy does is fantastic.  Even if the movie is a complete dud *cough* Alien Resurrection *cough* he is still a wonderful actor regardless.

Death Machine ended up being pretty damn awesome.  I highly recommend it.  When I first saw the cover I figured it'd be something up my alley.  I have bizarre tastes in movie and I very much enjoy those low budget cheeky horror flicks.  This one wasn't too bad.

The acting was great.  I didn't have any issues with any of the characters or actors, I thought they were all fantastic.  The setting was reminiscent of Alien at times and also very...corporate.  It is in an office building after all.  The big mechanical monster "Death Machine" created by crazy psycho Dourif is pretty sweet.  It just attacks quick and leaves a bloody mess in its wake.  Kind of reminds me of a velicoraptor with freddy krueger gloves.  I like it.

The film is very laid back and very entertaining.  It is pretty awesome that they named all their characters on a horror related theme - Jack Dante, John Carpenter, Sam Raimi, Yutani, Weyland, and Scott Ridley.  That's a nice little homage to their idols.

Death Machine is a wild ride from front to back.  I recommend you find a copy and give it a watch.  But don't get any ideas...it's not a good idea to use corporate money to fund your killer machine....unless your Brad Dourif.

No comments:

Post a Comment