Wednesday, August 25, 2010

BAD MOVIE REVIEW: Trancers (1985)

What the hell took me so long to see this! I love this movie! I watched it twice in the past few weeks, once on vhs and the other last night on dvd with the Full Moon Archive boxset I received. I can't wait to see part 2 and 3. I'm gonna have to do some digging for parts 4 & 5. Part 2 has Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton both in it. Anyone that knows me knows I'm a Re-Animator crazy, and these two are my gods!

Anyway...Trancers. That title alone is badass. That poster alone is badass. That star Tim Thomerson alone is badass. That co-star Helen Hunt alone is badass. Transporting back in time to 1985 inhabiting the body of your distant ancestor to do battle with a mind controlling freak who has done the same...alone is badass. But TRANCERS has ALL of these things and so much more.

Trancers is pure entertainment from start to finish. I just love these crazy off the wall 80's sci fi flicks. They will never win any oscars or any of those corrupt "prestigious" awards, but films like this one are solid gold in my opinion. Since this I'm becoming more of a fan of Tim Thomerson after seeing this and Dollman, which is also a Full Moon release.

So what's a Trancer? Why am I taking so fucking long to tell you what a Trancer is? Well I think the real question is, Why don't YOU know what a Trancer is? Yeah, if you have no idea then you better find this movie and watch it. It's so great, that it would shake the very foundation of the world if I just told you. You have to experience it for yourself to truely understand it. Kind of like sex for the first time.

But yes, Trancers is crazy, Trancers is witty, Trancers is just plain awesome. It's a truely entertaining 80's science fiction film that delivers continuously from start to finish. The hero Jack Deth (I love the name) is always kicking someone's ass. Go find this movie and watch it, and if you have it...why aren't you watching it? Go ahead, this review is about over anyway...all I'm gonna do is retype this week's headlines and drink some coffee. Go ahead...watch Trancers. I'll wait til you get back so we can discuss its greatness. Well ok, I'm done.

P.S. - A Trancer is someone with a weak mind that the villian controls with his mind that he uses to fight Jack Deth. They are in a zombie state of mind (and look). hear that? I think the ground just shook.

No comments:

Post a Comment