Friday, April 1, 2011

BAD MOVIE REVIEW: Bad Channels (1992)


BAD CHANNELS! YOU ARE MY SALVATION! YOU ENCOMPASS EVERYTHING THAT IS FULL MOON AND CHARLES BAND! WITHOUT YOU MY LIFE HAS BEEN A MEANINGLESS VOID SPINNING IN A CIRCLE OF MANIACAL MELANCHOLY! HOW MY LIFE EVER COULD HAVE EXISTED WITHOUT HEARING AND SEEING THIS BEAUTIFULLY BLISSFUL SCENE PUT TO FILM IS BEYOND WORDS I AM CAPABLE OF DISCRIBING:

Scenes like this happen THREE OTHER TIMES in this movie.

Bad Channels is a really fun movie. If you want to let loose and get back to Full Moon basics...Bad Channels is where it's at. The plot could be no simpler than: An alien and his sidekick robot invade an AM Rock-n-Roll Radio station to kidnap Earth women using the power of ROCK!

Fuck yeah.

You just can't go wrong! Everything about this movie is amazing. The opening credits even blew me away. It was actually nothing more special than seeing normal titles...but it was when it said the musical score was done by BLUE OYSTER CULT that I really perked up. I knew I was in for some awesome shit.

The music in this movie is amazing. I love rock n roll... I love metal...and I love full moon. And that little ditty up there captures all of that and so much more. As does the rest of the movie. The story is out of nowhere...and that's how I like it.

So the effects are a little dumb...the rock is a little quirky...but I'll be damned if this isn't an 80s movie right out of 1992. It's all the fun you could ever want. I mean...this rock DJ chains himself to a wall listening to nonstop polka until someone calls in with the right combination to set him free. Then when it happens...it rock-n-alien time. Some people die. It's awesome.

Oh man, this review is as convoluted as Bad Channels is. I really don't know what else to say other than its really awesome. If you just want to lay back and give your brain a rest...watch this movie. You..and your brain...will enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. The nun with the guitar is cool beyond words : D The man-cow also reminds me of Tim Curry (or maybe he is, haven't seen the movie... yet).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to keep this one on my radar. I've been looking to do more Full Moon anyway.

    ReplyDelete