Sunday, October 24, 2010

The 31 Baddest Days of Halloween: Charles Band #8

THE TOP TEN


It's October and with it comes a huge list of epic greatness. In case you haven't read the intro to this thing, I'll be counting down 31 of the greatest Charles Band movies. Keep your internet dials tuned to Mr. Gable's Reality DAILY for new and exciting Charles Band goodness. I began this countdown with TEN Charles Band movies that I have yet to see, then I explored ELEVEN films that personally learned the art of Kick Ass! from Charles Band, and now I present to you, the loyal Reality fans, THE TOP TEN CHARLES BAND MOVIES OF ALL TIME! Let's do this thing...

The 31 Greatest Bad Movies Charles Band Has Ever Produced #8


The Trailer:



Yes my friends, that IS a bearded Jeffrey Combs. They should have called this movie Lurking FEAR THE BEARD! Also, Hellraiser's Ashley Laurence is in this movie...and fighting in the rain. You know you need to see this movie.

When I first saw this movie a couple years ago I remember I was really apprehensive about watching it. It was yet another adaptation of HP Lovecraft and it had all the elements to make it great...some of the cast and crew of Re-Animator...except Stuart Gordon wasn't directing this movie. So it sat on the shelf for many months until I finally decided to watch it. I loved it. It was a really cool movie. The plot is a little bizarre...a bunch of guys are greedy and want money, etc etc. Eventually they all end up in this church and that's where the rest of the movie takes place. So it's kind of an "enclosed" type horror flick. And I say horror because they really do give a great effort at real terror here. The creatures that show up...really did scare the shit out of me. The movie itself wasn't very scary...but them fucking eyes those things had...it just creeped me out man.

Pictured: Senate hopeful Chaz Schneiderman. Rock the Vote 2010!

I really have nothing more to say about this movie. The trailer stole ALL of my thunder. Fuck that was awesome, I'm gonna watch it again.

...
...
...
...

YEAH! I think I'm going to go watch this movie again.

So for being an HP Lovecraft adaptation, for casting Ashley Laurence...a chick I can never get enough of...and for having a bearded Jeffrey Combs...the manliest of all Combs'...I give Lurking Fear the #8 spot on the top 31 Charles Band movies of all time!

If you liked this movie then check out: Arcade

3 comments:

  1. I typed in "The Lurking Fear" on the Netflix and it didn't show up and I was all like, "Fuck no! Gotta ask Gable where the fuck do I get this awesome movie!!?!" Then I calmed down and typed in just "Lurking Fear" and it was there and I was all like, "Whew! That was a close one! Move to position #1 please."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that "THE" made such a huge difference. And I didn't even know it was on Netflix. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just typed in "The Lurking Fear" into Netflix and it came up with this movie called The Dark Lurking. Wow...that looks awesome. Haven't ever heard of it. Might have to do some research on that...

    ReplyDelete