This is something I promised I'd do heading into 2011 and here it is: Mr. Gable's Bad Movie Battle Royale!
What's going to happen is over the course of the next couple weeks I'm going to watch 10 movies. Each of them hand picked by me. (obviously) Each of them is special in their own way. Once I've watched them I'll do the customary Bad Movie Review but I'll also include some wrestling stats with that. Strength, Agility, Recovery, Special Move, etc.
Once I've laid the ground work, the fun begins. I'm gonna take this way back...back to the Nintendo 64 and a little game called WWF: No Mercy. There I will create wrestlers based off the movies and pit them against each other in a King of the Ring style match up. The 2 best movies of the bunch will be rewarded with a 1st round bye. While the other 8 shittier movies must earn their keep.
Once that's done, I'll hit play and watch the chaos ensue.
Let's meet the contenders:
- The Amazing Bulk - I just can't let this movie go. And I received an advanced copy. WIN.
- Future-Kill - FINALLY found a copy on VHS. Watching this.
- Quest for the Mighty Sword - 1.6 rating on IMDb. I can do this.
- TerrorVision - Charles Band classic I have no doubt
- Alligator - Alcohol Paul was nice enough to borrow this to me.
- Star Crystal - I watched 15 minutes of this drunk 4 years ago and passed out. It's time to try again.
- R.O.T.O.R. - Oh Netflix Instant, how I love you.
- She - Babes. Good enough for me.
- Rumpelstiltskin - What's that? Stars Rom from DS9? Fuck yeah.
- Alienator - Looking forward to this Fred Olen Ray classic.
Whoever wins...We lose.