Yesterday I announced The 31 Baddest Days of Halloween 2011: Countdown to Insanity. This kind of thing deserves more than just torturing myself for your entertainment. OH NO, you deserve to win something as well.
Now, I fully expect to survive October. I have been looking forward to this since FEBRUARY. (That's when I first had this idea) But I can't argue with certain factors of life that may hinder my finishing the Countdown to Insanity.
- First and foremost: Mrs. Gable. She lives here. She has to put up with me. And I had to make a deal with the devil to make this thing happen. On top of putting my endurance to the test, I also have to make sure she is 100% happy. That means daily "I love you's", foot rubs, getting things for her when she asks me to. In other words: Kissing some serious ass.
- That being said: If I get out of line because I'm tired or I can't keep up with her demands and the demands of this household: I'm Fucked.
- Sleep. When I don't get enough of it, I tend to get a little cranky. This is BIG with the Misses part. If I slip up and snap back at her for no reason or I'm just a generally crummy person, it's off.
- Sleep...again. If I oversleep one day. If I don't get up at 5 am one morning (including weekends) and I'm not down here doing my thing in time to get that post up before 8am...it's over. Rules is Rules.
- Next is work. Fucking with my sleep could have unforeseen consequences at work. If that happens, I gotta call it off. But they provide free coffee so I'll be ok.
- Pressure. I got a lot going on in October. Aside from ALL that amazingness I described yesterday, I also have parties and chores to keep up with. (getting ready for winter, etc.) So that may also cause a slip.
That being said: When Will Gable Crack? When will I fuck up? How long will I be able to survive this endurance challenge until I snap?
Pick a date, that's all you have to do.
(also, put your name and contact info (email/twitter/facebook whatever)
Pick any date and if that date is the closest AFTER my snap date, then you're the winner! (example: You pick 10/18 and I snap 10/19, the person who chose 10/23 wins.) And if you think that I can make it the entire month, I thank you for your support. I'll do everything I can to not let you down.
(If a bunch of people pick the same date and that date wins then all those people that chose that date will be thrown into the Big Blue Bowl of Destiny and the winner will be chosen by fate.)
SO WHAT CAN YOU WIN!?
You get a choice of any of these slightly used and in good condition films: Critters on DVD, Hellbound: Hellraiser 2 on DVD (the extremely NOT special edition), Castle Freak on VHS, OR...
The Mystery Movie. You'll find out after you've won.
Contest is open until Midnight on Monday October 3rd. Pick a date. Win something awesome. God help me.