Another wonderous Halloween has come and gone. This year proved to be not only the most challenging experience I've ever put myself through but also one of the best. I managed to sit through 31 movies that I would have almost never had sat through otherwise. And on top of the Countdown to Insanity, I also participated in a facebook game where you get points for watching horror movies. This years theme was Slasher Movies. I didn't follow the Slasher genre as close as I had hoped that I would but after getting my ass sliced off and handed to me on a silver platter in Week 1 & 2, I just decided the hell with it and just go ahead and put a dent in the huge wall of movies that I have bought but not watched. (You can check out my journey through The Madness in Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4.)
As I was going over the month's totals, I started jotting down a bunch of statistics. During the month of October 2011 I watched a total of 95 movies. That's a total of 8540 minutes or 142.33 hours of film. That is an average of 89 minutes a movie (my kinda movie!). There are 744 hours in the month of October and I spent 19.13% of that time watching movies or roughly 1/5 of all the available time in October was spent watching movies. That's pretty impressive considering 1/4 of it was spent sleeping, 1/3 of it was spent working or driving to work, and the rest was split between family and friends. Of all the movies I watched, I watched 53 on DVD, 3 on Bluray, 19 on VHS, 12 on Netflix Instant, 2 in the theatre, and 6 were rented from Netflix or Blockbuster.
Of all the movies I watched, the one's that blew me out of the water, one's that I absolutely can no longer live without are: Trick 'r Treat, The Hitcher, The Manitou, Mammoth, Prom Night 3, and Nailgun Massacre. Trick 'r Treat will now by my all time favorite go-to Halloween movie. The Hitcher is one that I will be watching over and over again. Rutger Hauer is god.
Then on the other side of the coin, of all the movies I watched this year, the one's I want ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH EVER AGAIN include: Zombie Nation, Diary of a Cannibal, Curse of the Zodiac (All 3 of these are Ulli Lommel, I learned something valuable this year and that is to STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM LOMMEL AS POSSIBLE), Strip Club Slasher (Such an epic MN letdown), and the Nightmare on Elm Street remake. Holy fuck did that movie continuously piss me off.
And finally, the greatest statistic of them all, averaging out to 8 kills per movie, (Alone in the Dark having the highest at 40 and Sideshow having the lowest with 0) the grand total of deaths I witnessed this October is:
WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I made my goal of seeing over 500 deaths. And then my second goal of 750! God bless America.
And now, for your retro-viewing pleasure, I present to you The 13 Baddest Days of Halloween 2011: Countdown to Insanity. Enjoy!
- Survival Log Day 1: I think I can, I think I can
- Survival Log Day 2: Looking Up
- Survival Log Day 3: Kitty Lulz
- Survival Log Day 4: FFFUUUU
- Survival Log Day 5: I feel like punching a bear
- Survival Log Day 6: Hey October, "I must break you."
- Survival Log Day 7: Fuck my Life
- Survival Log Day 8: *sobbing*
- Survival Log Day 9: Nyan Cat
- Survival Log Day 10: Kicking ass and Chewing Bubble Gum
- Survival Log Day 11: Face in the monitor
- Survival Log Day 12: Happyface
- Survival Log Day 13: Air humping
- Survival Log Day 14: Brain has flown away
- Survival Log Day 15: Is that all you got?
- Survival Log Day 16: All good things...
- Survival Log Day 17: Rageface
- Survival Log Day 18: At the ass end of a Human Centipede
- Survival Log Day 19: The Gabling Reborn
- Survival Log Day 20: Purple
- Survival Log Day 21: I Hope I Don't Black Out
- Survival Log Day 22: I have no idea what's goin' on.
- Survival Log Day 23: I can speak whale
- Survival Log Day 24: 80s Mania is RUNNIN' WILD!
- Survival Log Day 25: Nananananana FISHMEN!
- Survival Log Day 26: The Spirit of Halloween is strong with this one
- Survival Log Day 27: Double Rainbow
- Survival Log Day 28: It's just a Beautiful Car Crash
- Survival Log Day 29: Playing Hangman with my sanity
- Survival Log Day 30: I don't even LIKE snails
- Survival Log Day 31:CERTIFIABLY INSANE!!!
Thank you everyone who followed along all month. It was a pleasure destroying myself for you. Why? Because I'm fucking hardcore, that's why! Also, thanks to everyone who is reading this now and who is checking out the countdown long after it's over with.
And there's nothing to worry about. The lady in the parking lot of the Sanitarium was very willing to give up her vehicle the day I escap....err uh....the day they let me go.