Friday, October 15, 2010

The 31 Baddest Days of Halloween: Charles Band #17


ATTN: IF YOU ARE ONE OF MY FRIENDS FROM THE "REAL" WORLD, THEN PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE TO READ THIS POST. I'VE WARNED YOU.

It's October and with it comes a huge list of epic greatness. In case you haven't read the intro to this thing, I'll be counting down 31 of the greatest Charles Band movies. Keep your internet dials tuned to Mr. Gable's Reality DAILY for new and exciting Charles Band goodness. I began this countdown with TEN Charles Band movies that I have yet to see. Now I present to you, the loyal Reality fans, 11 films that personally learned the art of Kick Ass! from Charles Band. Let's do this thing...

The Greatest Bad Movies Charles Band Has Ever Produced #17


The Trailer:



Before I get started, I'd like to explain that little warning up there. My friends and I get together from time to time and we watch bad movies. We call them...Bad Movie Nights. We've watched some pretty terrible movies in our time but this would be one of the first (far before I became involved with BMN), or possibly the very first movie to ever get banned from Bad Movie Night for being so awful. Now doesn't that alone pique your interest? If the fact that a group of people whose soul purpose is to live for bad movies can't even stand The Dungeonmaster doesn't make you want to watch it...then perhaps this will...


Oh yeah, that's Richard Moll. That dude from Night Court. I prefer to remember him in House. Or this movie...maybe it's Spiders 2. Who cares, this guy is awesome! And he plays some kind of evil galactic trans-dimensional overlord or something. I think they call him a witch though. I don't exactly remember, it's been awhile.

What Dungeonmaster is exactly...is a mashup of several movies pieced together. It's kind of an anthology except the main character stars in every piece. I believe each part is written and directed by a different person. Including Charles Band! So what happens is this dude and his girlfriend are drug into a pit by Richard Moll. He wants to test this guy so he suits him up with full on NES armor and send him into several different dimensions full of those things that you saw in the trailer. I believe he has to survive or defeat the creatures to get his lady back.

My friends aren't exactly Charles Band lovers so it's possible...and highly probable...that's why they didn't like this movie. I liked it. It was pretty insane and so full of cheese. And for the extremely HIGH cheese factor, so high you'll gain weight watching this movie, I give The Dungeonmaster the #17 spot on the all time greatest Charles Band movies!

If you liked this movie then check out: Beach Babes From Beyond & Beach Babes 2: Cave Girl Island

3 comments:

  1. It's true that Charlie Band is not someone whose productions I routinely check out, but when you consider that Street Trash and Silent Night, Deadly Night parts 1 and 2 are celebrated as classics of Bad Movie Night, I think that says more about Dungeonmaster than it does about an anti-Band mindset. Heck, if it ain't Full Moon, I don't even consider it true Charles Band badness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right, there is a difference between Full Moon and Pre-Full Moon. It's very clear in the craziness...and effects. And what I meant by that statement (and reading it now I forgot that I even wrote it, it was so damned early lol) is that as you state there with Street Trash and Silent Night Deadly Night being classics...is that those movies were actually making an effort to make some kind of movie. And that's why there so "good" and memorable is because we know that the people making those thought they were making something good. When Band does it, he sets out to make something bad and knows it. Which I do like just for the fact that I can enjoy the movie mindlessly as well as fantasize about how awesome it would have been to have been on set. And I know a lot of the BMN people don't care for that kind of thing and there's nothing wrong with that. To each there own...bad movies are awesome either way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man this post is full of writing fail. I can't spell or grammar for shit today.

    ReplyDelete