Saturday, October 16, 2010

The 31 Baddest Days of Halloween: Charles Band #16


It's October and with it comes a huge list of epic greatness. In case you haven't read the intro to this thing, I'll be counting down 31 of the greatest Charles Band movies. Keep your internet dials tuned to Mr. Gable's Reality DAILY for new and exciting Charles Band goodness. I began this countdown with TEN Charles Band movies that I have yet to see. Now I present to you, the loyal Reality fans, 11 films that personally learned the art of Kick Ass! from Charles Band. Let's do this thing...

The Greatest Bad Movies Charles Band Has Ever Produced #16


The Trailer:

Ok this isn't the trailer. I couldn't find the trailer. So instead here's some scenes with Lance Henrikson that kind of acts like a trailer!



For the life of me I can't remember the second half of this movie. I can remember the first half pretty vividly but the second half...hmmm...must've been drinkin that night. Anyway, the story starts out in the olden days and there's some rioting and whatever. Well one woman speaks out and is then captured to be put to death. They analyze her...I remember this part most vividly because they strip her naked and then analyze every part of her body from top to bottom. It's pretty strange but kinda cool. Then Lance Henriksen kind of likes her I think...and that's when the movie fades out for me.

I do, however, remember really liking this film. I recently purchased it on DVD so it's been sitting there waiting to be watched again. The Pit and the Pendulum is actually a well made film, nothing crazy or kooky about it. Stuart Gordon, he directed Re-Animator and a lot of other awesome movies, directed TPATP. He brings along with him Jeffrey Combs, also from Re-Animator, and the always amazing...unless he's in a sequel besides Aliens, Lance Henriksen. Lance is extremely badass in this movie...and extremely bald. Definitely bringing the A game to this movie.

So for a great cast, a cool story, and a wild naked strip search, I give this movie the #16 spot on the all time greatest Charles Band movies.

If you liked this movie then check out: Creepozoids

No comments:

Post a Comment