Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The 31 Baddest Days of Halloween: Charles Band #12


It's October and with it comes a huge list of epic greatness. In case you haven't read the intro to this thing, I'll be counting down 31 of the greatest Charles Band movies. Keep your internet dials tuned to Mr. Gable's Reality DAILY for new and exciting Charles Band goodness. I began this countdown with TEN Charles Band movies that I have yet to see. Now I present to you, the loyal Reality fans, 11 films that personally learned the art of Kick Ass! from Charles Band. Let's do this thing...

The 31 Greatest Bad Movies Charles Band Has Ever Produced #12


The Trailer:



Wow, I forgot how awesome Dolls really is. I knew it was good, and I remember loving the shit out of it when I first watched it a few years ago, but I do not remember a doll firing squad or dolls with hacksaws. That is awesome.

Dolls is directed by Stuart Gordon, the man behind Re-Animator. You'll notice I mention him all over my blog and I always refer to Re-Animator. Because Re-Animator is an amazing movie and one of my favorites of all time. It's a shame that Charles Band didn't produce that or it'd most assuredly be #1 on this list. But anyway, with Stuart Gordon behind the project you can be assured it'll be awesome.

Dolls is a fairly predictable horror movie. But with the subject matter I don't think I'd want it any other way. The filmmakers here actually try to make a good horror movie, not something goofy or crazy. In the end it was enjoyable. The story starts out with a married couple with problems, they have car trouble and it rains. The shack up in an old house with two old people. Then a few more people have similar fates and they end up in the house. Then the stage is set with lots of expendables so the dolls then come to life and murder everyone. And it's awesome.

So for being more terrifying then Chucky, having cover art that haunted my nightmares as a child although I never watched the movie as a child, and being one of the first (if not the first) "Doll" movies Charles Band has been associated with, I give Dolls the #12 spot on the 31 greatest Charles Band movies of all time!

If you liked this movie then check out: Blood Dolls

No comments:

Post a Comment