Thursday, September 9, 2010

Strippers vs. Werewolves going into production soon!!

I am a werewolf and I worship at the altar of stripper.

So there's been a lot of news recently about "Attack of the Killer BLANK" and "VS" movies so its no surprise that there's another one. But if you're like me you could care less cuz these things are FUCKING AWESOME. I like seeing things vs things. It makes for interesting viewing.

So here we go with the latest installment of any vs. franchise: STRIPPERS vs WEREWOLVES.  The title has some potential and could be a very fun movie if they do it right. If they end up with something like Zombie Strippers I'll be happy.

I see what's going on here...the strippers will be sending
out their goons cuz the wolves can't pay their tab.

Dread Central caught up with Jonathon Sothcott, the guy putting this all together, and here is what he had to say:
"The script has been written by a very talented guy named Pat Higgins, who has made a string of micro budget genre films in the UK including Hellbride, KillerKiller and Bordello Death Tales," says Sothcott. "His stuff is very stylish, and he's already developed quite a cult following. We'd been chatting about doing something together, and he said he was working on a script called Strippers vs. Werewolves. 'This I must see,' I thought. I read it and absolutely loved it - as a child of the 80s I grew up on Fright Night, Vamp, Once Bitten, The Lost Boys, Return of the Swamp Thing, Saturday the 14th and My Best Friend Is a Vampire... and this is very much in that spirit. As I was reading it I was thinking, 'This is like a great reference to The Monster Squad' -- and when I asked Pat, it turned out it was!!

Sothcott continues, "Werewolves are the hardest monsters to get right on film - and I don't just mean the special effects. Straight werewolf movies often come across as outrageous comedies - Howling 2, Silver Bullet, etc., and werewolf comedies don't tend to be cinematic gold (though I have a soft spot for the delirious Haunted Honeymoon), but I'm enough of a genre buff to know that this one's very special indeed and is going to be brilliant fun - think Shaun of the Dead meets Bitchslap in the style of The Howling, and you're getting the idea."
"We've just started casting, and I'm pleased to announce that the first person to join the cast is the terrific British actress Adele Silva (pictured above). "Adele was in my first short film, Karma Magnet, years ago and was more recently seen in the underrated Danny Dyer horror film Doghouse. She's a great actress with perfect comedic timing, and I can't wait to work with her again," Sothcott adds.
Look for production to begin later this year or early next year. Movie to come out probably in 2012...just in time for everything to end...and me to die a happy man. There's just a stripper/werewolfless void in my life and this movie will fill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment