Friday, October 8, 2010

The 31 Baddest Days of Halloween: Charles Band #24


It's October and with it comes a huge list of epic greatness. In case you haven't read the intro to this thing, I'll be counting down 31 of the greatest Charles Band movies. Keep your internet dials tuned to Mr. Gable's Reality DAILY for new and exciting Charles Band goodness. I'll begin this countdown with TEN Charles Band movies that I have yet to see. I've seen the trailers and I gotta say...I am impressed. So let's do this thing...

The Greatest Bad Movies Charles Band Has Ever Produced #24


The Trailer:



I love how this movie doesn't want to be watched. The poster art is subliminally telling you to skip this movie because ROBOT WARS is coming soon. A movie with a far cooler title. And in the trailer it even says that "it really sucks!" For that reason alone, I. Must. See. This. Movie.

God dammit this looks way out there. I'm gonna be sooooo drunk when I watch this. It will be the greatest night of my life that I'll never remember.

This movie looks so far outside the normal realm of bad movies that it looks amazing. The plot is just awful...but at the same time it sounds astonishingly amazing. And entertaining. Like its something that absolutely nobody would ever think of to make a movie but yet...here it is in all its glory. If I had to pin down any one reason to watch this movie, it'd be the trailer's description of this film: "A disc jockey from outer space is about to change the frequency...to total terror." Oh fuck yes! There is absolutely nothing I hate about that statement. Nothing. And if you're feeling up to it, you can even watch the entire movie right here!

I give Bad Channels the #24 spot on the 31 greatest Charles Band movies of all time...simply because it is something so absurdly original that it defies the laws of filmmaking. Thank you Full Moon, you never cease to amaze me.

If you liked this movie then check out: Talisman

No comments:

Post a Comment