Thursday, October 28, 2010

The 31 Baddest Days of Halloween: Charles Band #4


It's October and with it comes a huge list of epic greatness. In case you haven't read the intro to this thing, I'll be counting down 31 of the greatest Charles Band movies. Keep your internet dials tuned to Mr. Gable's Reality DAILY for new and exciting Charles Band goodness. I began this countdown with TEN Charles Band movies that I have yet to see, then I explored ELEVEN films that personally learned the art of Kick Ass! from Charles Band, and now I present to you, the loyal Reality fans, THE TOP TEN CHARLES BAND MOVIES OF ALL TIME! Let's do this thing...

The 31 Greatest Bad Movies Charles Band Has Ever Produced #4


The Trailer:



Troll IS the original Harry Potter. Before Harry Potter even knew it was Harry Potter, Troll invented the character...and multiplied it by 2. In this movie the dad is Harry Potter and his son is Harry Potter Junior. Awesome.

I really do think Troll is a great movie. It starts out as kind of a slasher/monster horror movie but then it just decides: that sucks and it turns into a crazy awesome fantasy movie. So this movie starts out with some killin and ends up with Julie Louis-Dreyfus as a fairy running around naked.

This is worth everything.

Troll is written and directed by Joel Carl Buechler. On top of being a Full Moon friend (he worked on several Empire pictures and Full Moon movies) he is also a special effects guy. And if I'm not mistaken, this is his full length directorial debut. So its obvious to me that he wanted to show off his skills with special effects, and it is awesome.

There's a lot to love about Troll. Bizarre dance sequences, creepy old lady upstairs that conveniently knows everything about the Troll, and Sonny Bono dying. So for ALL of these thing, I give Troll the #4 spot on the 31 greatest Charles Band movies of all time!

Almost done with this list! That makes me happy and sad at the same damn time. I've enjoyed sharing and talking Full Moon with you guys all month. Especially Vincent, that dudes awesome, check out his drawings man, I'm tell you! *making up for rude comment in earlier post*

If you liked this movie, then check out: Skull Heads

1 comment:

  1. I loved Micheal Moriarty when I first saw him on Law and Order, and then even more when I discovered his career in horror movies. He always gives a sincere performance.


    (P.S. Check out comment on other post if you haven't already)

    ReplyDelete