Monday, October 25, 2010

The 31 Baddest Days of Halloween: Charles Band #7

THE TOP TEN



It's October and with it comes a huge list of epic greatness. In case you haven't read the intro to this thing, I'll be counting down 31 of the greatest Charles Band movies. Keep your internet dials tuned to Mr. Gable's Reality DAILY for new and exciting Charles Band goodness. I began this countdown with TEN Charles Band movies that I have yet to see, then I explored ELEVEN films that personally learned the art of Kick Ass! from Charles Band, and now I present to you, the loyal Reality fans, THE TOP TEN CHARLES BAND MOVIES OF ALL TIME! Let's do this thing...


The Trailer:



Wow. The trailer gives away EVERYTHING. Hilarious. It's kinda obvious in the movie anyway so it doesn't matter.

I had to think long and hard (heh heh dick joke) about whether or not to include this one on the list or not. I wasn't entirely sure if this was a "true" Charles Band movie or not...he is uncredited as the executive producer...but the more I thought about it, the more I was like, "It was put out by a Charles Band company, it is currently for sale on Charles Band's website, and it stars Sam & Ted Raimi, a cameo by Bruce Campbell...and fuck it, more people need to know that this movie exists."

Intruder is your basic 80's slasher movie...just a lot more awesome. There's several POV shots until they reveal the killer...or you watch the trailer. And yes, Sam Raimi...director of the Spider-Man & Evil Dead movies...his brother Ted Raimi...who shows up in everything Sam does...a short cameo by Bruce Campbell at the end...which is fucking awesome...all have roles in this movie! And if I remember right...THEY ALL DIE! Except for maybe Bruce, I don't think anyone can kill him. It's defies the laws of physics.

So if your in a mood for a good old fashioned 80's slasher movie...and want to nerdgasm consistently while watching it...then you want to see Intruder. Or wait until Halloween when Full Moon Direct has their big "ALL DVDs ARE $6.66!" sale to buy it. I'll blog more about that later.

And so...for having Bruce Campbell in it, and the Raimi's, I give Intruder the #7 spot on the 31 greatest Charles Band movies of all time!

If you liked this movie then check out: Teenage Space Vampires

3 comments:

  1. I didn't read your post or watch the trailer for fear of spoilers. If I see the names Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi I'm watching it, period. And it's on Netflix instant watch :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO SHIT! That IS on Netflix instant isn't it? That's awesome, might have to watch this again.

    And FYI: Sam doesn't direct...HE STARS! And so does Ted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam & Ted could both be gaffers and Bruce the caterer and I'd still watch this movie.

    ReplyDelete