Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The 31 Baddest Days of Halloween: Survival Log Day 12


Wow, day 12. I can't believe this has gone by as fast as it has. I was pretty sure I'd fuck up right away and blow the whole month. It took a little getting used to but I think I got the hang of this sleeping thing. As far as my temper...gotta keep that in check or I'll end up looking like that guy above. Just a fanged little slug pissed off about life and looking for the easy way out.

Actually, if I do decide to go down that scary road, I have a way cooler idea. Dive into a pool of killer earthworms.



Actually, I think the guy with the Pabst Blue Ribbon was the first victim. That must be why they got so angry. They experimented spraying the ground with PBR and all the earthworms got drunk and angry. Those famous Irish Earthworms you've all heard so much about. (No, not really. I made that up.)

This movie's rippability is great. There is a ton of fodder for anyone to sit around and make fun of this thing. Hell, Mystery Science Theatre 3000 even did an episode featuring Squirm. And for good reason. Fucking killer earthworms...from the 70s. M-O-O-N, that spells GOLD!

I won't bother telling you what the story is about. It doesn't matter. The only thing that does matter is that man fucked with nature and now it's pissed. God bless nature. It's so awesome. Actually, all this movie needs is a few people willing to be covered in earthworms and you've got yourself an amazing movie.

I'll let you know that the first half of this movie doesn't have a whole hell of a lot. They get right into the worms but they don't do much with them. They just show up in the background here and there. What is present in the first half of this movie is a whole lotta hillbillies. So many hillbillies.

One more thing, I watched this on Netflix Instant. The version I watched was kinda choppy. The picture didn't flow all that well and it was really annoying. So if you want to watch this, I'd suggest buying it or renting the DVD.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this month IS going by faster than expected. WTF? Also, you're entirely WAY too sane (unless that yellow smiley is supposed to be ironic).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well these movies have been way too GOOD the last couple days.

    My sanity is like the stock market. It nearly crashed on Sunday but it's making a sharp uptick this week. Squirm/The Devil Within Her. Just too much GOOD to go insane over.

    That'll change. I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete